When Is A Surveyor Needed?
- When land is bought or sold.
- Before land is divided.
- If a line or corner location is unknown or in dispute.
- If a money-lending agency requires a survey.
- Before constructing a building or fence.
- Before conveying a lot from a larger tract and the lot has not been surveyed.
- Before cutting timber near a property line.
- When you believe someone is encroaching on your land.
- To establish easements and rights-of-way.
What services are included in my survey?
- Examine your deed and those of adjoiners and look for evidence of any problems.
- Advise if you actually need a survey.
- Find and mark your corners properly.
- Cooperate with your attorney, realtor, banker, engineer, or architect.
How much will my survey cost?
There are many factors involved, including:
- The purpose of the survey and the equipment needed.
- Terrain and vegetation.
- If the surveyor has made other surveys in the area.
- If there are disputes over any lines.
- Deed research required.
- Number of unknown corners.
- Existence of fences.
- Vagueness of descriptions.
- Number of acres.
What else can Shawnee Professional Services do for me?
These additional services are also available. Please call for an estimate.
- Mark and stake property lines.
- Survey subdivisions, establish new corners and markers.
- Locate buildings, fences, right-of-way, encroachments, and other possession evidence.
- Appear in hearings as an expert witness.
What information do I need to Provide Shawnee?
- The purpose of the survey.
- A copy of your deed
- Any plats you have and information about the location of property lines.
- Any information you may have about disagreements over location of corners and lines.
What will I receive from Shawnee?
- Work done in accordance with State laws, regulations, and to the highest standard of ethics.
- Plat of Survey.
- Mark property corners.
- Additional services are available, at varying fees, according to your specific needs.
Caution for Landowners:
- Don’t mistake preliminary traverse lines for true lines.
- Don’t move or relocate markers.
- Before hiring a surveyor, check their credentials, experience, and years in business.
- Contact the surveyor well before the survey is needed.
What other Services does Shawnee provide?
- Cellular Communication Site Surveys
- Control Surveys for Aerial Photography
- Pipeline Corridor/Mapping
- Geodetic Control Surveys
- Topographic Surveys
- Environmental Surveys
- Hydrographic Surveys
- Volumetric Surveys
- Boundary Surveys
- ALTA Surveys
- Site Design
- Utility Design
- Subdivision Design
- Transportation Design